Table of Contents
- 1 So much ahead
- 2 Why a knifeblock?
- 3 General
- 4 The handle of a knife
- 5 What is it?
- 6 How to find the right knife block?
- 7 How expensive can it be?
- 8 So you should treat your knifeblocks
- 9 Practical tips
- 10 documents
- 11 What we wanted to say!
So much ahead
Solid knife blocks are made of wood and stand stable on every work surface. Even normal knife blocks are extensively equipped. They usually get some knives and scissors. Also obtaining a whetstone and the sharpness of the knife is usually included. Good knife in one knife block should be processed cleanly. In addition, the material must be high-quality and durable. The right knife fits well in the hand and stays sharp for a long time.
Why a knifeblock?
Every kitchen should have enough sharp knives. So you can cook and prepare your food. However, it is usually the case that knives are stored incorrectly. If you stow this in a drawer, it is possible to lose the knives quickly. You should avoid this by keeping your beloved knife in a knifeblock. These can be found in many designs at different prices. Quickly one can be overwhelmed at the purchase, because the multitude is immense.
In a knifeblock, however, it is not only important to clean the blades properly, but also the block itself. We have now prepared some information for you. So you can find the right knife block for your kitchen.
Knives have been around since people remember. Although the first knives were not even comparable to today's models, they were quite common. Knives are no longer to be thought of in any kitchen. Laymen are satisfied with simple knives. Hobbyköche however and also professional cooks place very great value on a high-quality quality with a good knifeblock. The knives usually come from well-known suppliers and are not selected arbitrarily.
Advantages of expensive knife blocks
- are durable
- high quality in execution
- Weight distribution knife is perfect
Disadvantages of expensive knife blocks
- are not suitable for the dishwasher
- you have to treat them gently
In addition to knifeblades with steel blades, today there are also good alternatives with a ceramic blade. These are very hard burned under a great pressure and immense heat. Ceramic blades are long sharp and very light. Ceramic has proved to be anti-allergenic and is not rust-prone. However, there is also a big drawback here. If the blade falls, the blade can break.
Popular today are also knife blades made of damask. These knives are mostly held in Japanese knife form and are usually forged by hand. Typical of these knives is the grain, which reminds of a tree stump.
The handle of a knife
Normally there is a handle for a knife from the knife block made of plastic or wood. But there are also knives from all-steel. This means that the entire blade including the handle has been forged in one cast. Plastic is easy to keep clean. Wooden handles are somewhat more in need of maintenance. Nevertheless, they are favored by many buyers. They lie well in their hands and usually last quite long. However, all-steel is rather cool. However, the overall weight is particularly impressive here, which means that the knife can be guided easily.
What is it?
You have chosen a six-part set of knives such as the Zwilling Professional S Knifeblock? Then you will find a total of 5 knives and scissors in this set. You will get a vegetable set, a chef knife, a narrow knife with a long blade, a filing knife and a sawing knife for bread cutting.
How to find the right knife block?
Good is if you know your own preferences. You should know that a knife must always lie well in the hand. It is also important that heavy knives consist of high quality materials. You can always go out of it. The blade handle should be non-slip and, of course, also well in the hand.
How expensive can it be?
A good knifeblock does not have to cost much. You can expect to get a solid knife block between 50 and 100 Euro that will be a great help in your kitchen. One thing is guaranteed. Your new model will surely be used when you have decided.
So you should treat your knifeblocks
The sharper the blade, the more vulnerable it is. Never store the blades in the drawer. It is also useful to keep the knives always ready for use. The good thing about the open storage is that you are proud to be proud of your new knifeblock.
Horizontal inserts are safe and protect the blades from abrasion. Vertical inserts are practical because the blades can be turned over and the blade does not lie on the ground. It is also practical when the inserts are open downwards. Then any crumbs can fall out. However, it is impractical for you to slide knives into the wrong groove. So you could scratch your work surface because the knife then looks down out.
More than brilliant are knife blocks, which have bristle inserts. In this case, you can store all the knives and expand your knives as you wish. Here, unfortunately, there is the disadvantage that these bristles are not so easy to clean again. For cleaning you must be creative and have a certain degree of patience. This is why you should consider whether you prefer this block to a normal wood.
But maybe this is not all for you and you are opting for a magnetic strip? Then you should know that you can also save space on the workbench. Ceramic knives, however, do not adhere to these strips.
If you want to bring your knife with you and want to have it everywhere, then a knife pocket is suitable for you. This allows you to keep several knives separate from each other. Keep in mind, however, that it is cumbersome to open the bag anywhere. Usually the space is not sufficient, because the bag needs a large space requirement. To many people it is also simply embarrassing and therefore is then rather rather a normal knife from the drawer seized. However, the bag is a good alternative to the usual knife block.
Knife in the case?
More than practical is a knife case from Wüsthof, the cooking case with magnetic base. This can also accompany you on the road. Are you planning a holiday in the holiday house? Then take your own knife in the suitcase. In this case, your knives are stored safely and you can use them directly after your arrival. The case is sturdy and robust and will accompany you for a long time.
Now it is about finding a suitable underlay. You should not use a support of glass, metal or stone. The support must be non-slip and should rest firmly on the surface. Good when rubber feet or a slip-resistant coating are present. Wood has proven to be the best option. It keeps the knife sharp longer. In addition, it is antibacterial. Then there is the plastic material.
Short for cleaning and care
Cook knife from the knife block should always be cleaned immediately after use. It can be wiped with a damp cloth. Go from the top over the blade back to the edge. Then take a dish and wipe the knife dry. Knives that lose sharpness quickly could have been mistreated. Acid-containing foodstuffs or abrasive and corrosive detergents can damage the blade. Do not use rinsing agents, too hot water and salt during cleaning.
You must also wipe away the wooden handles with a damp cloth. You should not forget such a knife in the sink. This is fatal for the wood.
The knife block itself should be cleaned from time to time with a good detergent and water. Do not use sharp chemicals. Also scratching sponges are not for cleaning your knife block. The block should dry in air after cleaning. Free the bins from time to time of crumbs.
- Contents: Spit and Garnier (10 cm), universal knife (13 cm), chef's knife (20 cm), bread knife (20 cm), multi-purpose scissors (20,5 cm), knife block (bamboo), sharpening steel (23 cm)
- Ice Hardened Blades: Friodur ice-hardened blade for extra durability and corrosion resistance
- Stainless steel: The twin special melt is produced exclusively for Zwilling. The steel has been optimized to be exceptionally durable and corrosion resistant
- The knives are characterized by their timeless three-rivet design. Through the seamless transition between handle and blade
- The knife block is made of high-quality bamboo and offers both a secure and stylish storage option
Unfortunately, this process is wrong with most people. It is always recommended to have the knives sharpened by a professional. So you can enjoy it much longer. This of course affects, in particular, knives made of ceramics.
In the case of good knives, it is sufficient to have them sharpened every two years.
What we wanted to say!
Do not forget that knives are always sharp in a knifeblock. Always keep the knife block away from children and be sure to use it correctly. This way you can avoid injuries.
Conclusion on knifeblocks
Knife blocks are practical and belong in every good kitchen. You will be able to process and process them a lot. Be sure to find a knife block that meets your requirements. Very good are knife blocks of twin. You can opt for knife blocks in the middle price segment and will not regret it. The important thing is that you get everything you need and use the set correctly in your new knife block. The knife block is practical and can be cleaned easily and quickly. We have also shown you the alternatives that you would like to consider.
- Sharp blade of German stainless steel and blade block made of oak. As a result, these knives have a longer service life and better corrosion resistance
- 16-piece knife: wood block, 8 "chef knife, 8" meat knife, 8 "Stainless sharpening steel, 8" scissors, 5 "utility knife, 5" Santoku knife, 5 "tomato knife, 4,5" steak knife * 6 pieces 3,5 "paring knife , 3 "peeling knife
- Unlike traditional knives from one piece forged throughout. Low weight for fatigue-free work. The knives are perfectly balanced according to mechanical principles.
- Antibacterial technology: dirt can not settle, bacteria have no chance. Clean design according to current scientific knowledge.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: 100% virgin material with unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee and 2 years warranty
- DESIGN ACCESSORIES: With the stylish kitchen knife holders made of acacia wood by Navaris, not only order in the kitchen, but style. Thanks to integrated magnetic strips in the block, chef's knives or the scissors are kept clearly visible close to the handle.
- STANDS LIKE A TREE: The minimalist foot made of stainless steel ensures that the wood knife block is firmly set. Clean the holder with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Not suitable for use in a dish washer!
- MORE SPACE: With a size of 27,7 x 27,5 cm, the magnetic knife block offers plenty of space for cutlery, steak knives and cake knives. The depth of the stand is 12 cm. The knife block is only suitable for magnetic products.
- UNIQUE: As the magnetic knife holder is a natural product, each specimen is unique due to the wood grain. More individuality on your desktop!
- KNIFE STAND PLUS: Alternatively, you can also use the wood knife block as an elegant key holder.
- KEEPING THE KNIFE SET: The knife set consists of a chef's knife, meat knife, bread knife, paring knife, kitchen scissors, knife sharpener, boning knife and a wooden block
- NEVER RUST: Since the knife is made of the German stainless steel 1.4116, which contains 15% chromium (chromium is trace element, determines the hardness of the knife), it has an excellent corrosion and oxidation resistance
- SUPERIOR SHARP: No matter if the knife is sharp, in terms of material and forging, our knife blade is forged with hand-polished edges at 14-16 degrees per side, dirt-repellent and precisely tempered. That's why our knife is sharper than that
- NOT EASY TO STUMP: Whether the blade is dulled, depends on the material hardness. Our knife is made of German stainless steel 1.4116, whose hardness is above HRC57, so our knife is not easy to dull
- CONVENIENTLY HOLDING: The ergonomic handle made of PAKKA wood is comfortable, robust and durable. You will not feel tired even if you hold the knife for a long time
- A BREEZE FAR EAST: The eight-part Kitano Knife Set by Klarstein brings Far Eastern cooking philosophy into the home kitchen. Highest enjoyment of fresh ingredients requires the best preparation with high quality knives.
- DIFFERENT SIZES: Seven different blade shapes made from hardened blade steel make the perfect tool for chopping, filleting, weighing and shredding. The precision blades impress with their light weight and ergonomic handles.
- ELEGANT DESIGN: The sleek shape of the matte black clear stone block takes up little space and captivates with its minimalist design. The plexiglass cover on the upper side as well as guided insertion slots serve to protect the blades.
- MAINTENANCE & HYGIENIC: After use with water and a cloth cleaned, the knives in the knife block wait for the next insert. The bottom slits in the knife block allow moisture to escape and prevent bacterial formation.
- QUALITY: 2008 began to turn the world of household goods upside down. Meanwhile, the mix of high-quality materials, modern design and an interactive community app inspires many hobby chefs.
- The BEST Knife Block - Store everything safely and together with our Rockingham Forge range of Knife Block Sets
- Sufficient space - enough space for 20 knives with blades of 20 cm suitable for every knife brand!
- MANY CHOICES - Different colors and designs available in the range, including matt black, glossy black and rubber wood!
- SET INCLUDES - 1 x knife block, The set does not include any knives (they have to be bought separately)
- SUITABLE for every knife brand and an accessory that will look great in any kitchen
- 15 knife set: 8 "chef's knife, 8" meat knife, 8 "bread knife, 7" Santoku knife, 5 "utility knife, 3.5" peeler knife, 6 x 4,5 "steak knife, 8" sharpening steel, 5.5 "poultry shears, wood block
- Sharp Blade: The combination of traditional forging with the latest precision technology using a special stainless steel blade guarantees sharpness, elasticity and longevity
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE: Ergonomically shaped plastic handle and ideally balanced blade and handle weight for comfortable handling, known for comfort, strength and stability
- Safe storage: Knife block made of natural wood without chemical seal, bacteria-free, natural and food safe, therefore these knives have a longer life
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: 100% new with 30-day, unconditional money-back guarantee and 2 year warranty, 24 hours of customer service.
- Contents: Spit and Garniermesser (10 cm), universal knife (13 cm), meat knife (16 cm), chef's knife (20 cm), bread knife (20 cm), multi-purpose scissors (20, 5 cm), self-sharpening knife block (ash)
- Ice-hardened blades: the right material hardness is important. That's why the Gourmet series knives are ice-hardened using the Friodur process
- Top quality starts with the starting material. That is why the Gemini special melt is used for the Gourmet series knives. This steel meets the highest standards
- Self-sharpening knife block: Inside the slots are knife sharpeners made of ceramic, which grind the knives when removing
- Made in Germany: The knife series Gourmet is manufactured in the Zwilling headquarters in Solingen
- 9 set with 8 knife: chef's knife (20,3 cm), santoku knife (20,3 cm), carving knife (17,8 cm), bread knife (20,3 cm), boning knife (15,2 cm), utility knife (12,7 cm), paring knife (8,9 cm), Knife Sharpener (20,3 cm) and 1 Knife Block
- The precision-honed stainless steel blades guarantee a long-lasting sharpness
- The 3 rivet construction in full-grain construction ensures balance and control
- The ergonomic handles are comfortable and secure in the hand
- Handwash only.
- Elegant Display: Why surfacing with a boring average knife holder when you can showcase one of these beauties? Made of natural bamboo, our bamboo knife stand is just as stylish as it is functional.
- Robust and sturdy: Although beautifully placed on a worktop, the bamboo knife holder is reliably strong. Bamboo wood is also incredibly easy to clean, 100% sustainable and safe for use in the kitchen.
- Safe non-slip bottom: With non-slip felt pads on the bottom, our bamboo knife block is safer to use on slippery countertops than ordinary blocks. No more slipping, sliding, sliding or wobbling.
- Powerful magnet: The super strong hidden magnet in this wooden knife block without knife pulls the metal tip of your kitchen knife when used, making it easier, faster and safer to store your knives. Strength magnet is 1050 gauss
- Lifetime Warranty: We want you to fall in love with the knife holder. Therefore each knife block comes with a lifetime warranty. Order today!
- 6-PARTICULAR KNIFE SET FOR EVERY APPLICATION NEEDLE: 1x 8 "Chef's Knife (20cm), 1x 8" Bread Knife (20cm), 1x 8 "Carving Knife (20cm), 1x 5" Utility Knife (13cm), 1x 3,5 "Paring Knife (9cm), 1x Wood -Messerblock
- HIGH QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL CORROSION AND ANTI-CORROSION BLADE: The blades are made of high quality stainless steel (X50CrMo15), which is extremely durable; the HRC55 ± 2 Rockwell hardness makes cutting, dicing etc very easy. It ensures maximum sharpness and edge retention
- Comfortable design AND storage: The ergonomically shaped handle made of Pakka wood provides a pleasant grip, minimizes fatigue of the fingers and improves balance. It is very good in the hand. Knife block without chemical sealant, natural and food safe, therefore these knives have a longer life
- Cleaning: The knives should not be washed in the dishwasher, but by hand, otherwise the knives may become dull. Only put dried knives in the knife block
- Quality guarantee: 100% satisfaction or money back guarantee, lifetime warranty on material and process defects, risk free purchase